Grace House that houses the ladies at King’s College Budo in Wakiso district and some classroom blocks have been engulfed by fire this Tuesday morning, according to KMP Police spokesperson Luke Owoyesigire.
According to Police, the fire department has responded to the fire outbreak and they’re currently putting it out to ensure minimal destruction.
The fire broke out at 7am this morning as students were in their morning preparations.
“The fire is believed to have started from one building housing S3 students and one of the dormitories. So far, the fire department has prevented it from spreading any further.” Owoyesigyire told the press.
In a video that The Ugandan Wire has obtained, smoke and fire are seen tearing up Grace House in rapid movements.
This is another major fire that has rocked the nation since Makerere University in September 2020 and the Joint Medical Stores warehouse in Industrial area earlier this month.
At the moment, no students have been reported injured or dead in the fire and the estimate of the property destroyed hasn’t been established. The cause of the fire hasn’t been established either.
We shall keep you updated.