Advertisement
  • Home
  • NewsWire
  • Travel & Tourism
    • PoliticalWire
  • EntertainmentWire
  • LiveWire
    • Kasolo’s Tales
Thursday, June 23, 2022
  • Home
  • NewsWire
  • Travel & Tourism
    • PoliticalWire
  • EntertainmentWire
  • LiveWire
    • Kasolo’s Tales
The Ugandan Wire
Home NewsWire

Kabale COVID-19 Taskforce Bans Use of Public Address Systems During Political Campaigns

by Alexandra Katusiime
in NewsWire
Kabale COVID-19 Taskforce Bans Use of Public Address Systems During Political Campaigns

Mr Darius Nandinda, Kabale District RDC.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsApp

The Kabale District COVID-19 Taskforce has banned the use of public
address systems during political campaigns, saying that it attracts crowds
that may lead to the spread of COVID-19.

The Kabale Resident District Commissioner (RDC), Mr Darius Nandinda, who also chairs the COVID-19 taskforce, told our Reporter on Friday
morning at his office in Makanga in Kabale Municipality, that the decision
has been reached after the district on Thursday recorded 45 COVID-19 cases
in a single day.

“The situation has continued to become volatile, a reason why the Kabale
District COVID-19 Taskforce resolved on Wednesday December 16, 2020 to
seriously re-energize the set guidelines and Standard Operating
Procedures – SOPs by the Ministry of Health. As the district taskforce, we
found out that using public address systems by those contesting on
different positions attract a big gathering; therefore we have resolved to
ban all public address systems in every part of the district.”,
Mr Nandida said.

 Mr Nandinda added that whereas the public address systems are also
considered by the electoral commission as a means of scientific
campaigning, politicians should devise other means of campaigning such as
door to door, use of radios, telephoning and holding meetings of not more than 200 people.

Kabale district has become the second district in Kigezi region to ban the
use of public address systems during campaigns after Rukiga district also
banned them two months ago.

READ ALSO:  VIDEO! Whooper Ladden Denzel Mwiyeretsi Squeezes Mysterious Chic in Club,DJ Intercepts

The Rukiga Resident District Commissioner (RDC), Ms Purikeria Muhindo said that the public address system was attracting very many people to gather in a congested place which is not acceptable.

Mr Nandinda also said that they have banned young people below the age of eighteen years from engaging in sports activities in public playgrounds
because they are failing to observe COVID-19 guidelines.

“It has come out that many young people have engaged in sports activities
without observing COVID-19 guidelines and the taskforce realized that such
games may continue spreading coronavirus. Therefore, football and other
games are hereby stopped with immediate effect until such a time when the ministry of health advises”, Mr Nandinda added.

He then ordered police and other security agencies to arrest persons who
will be found disregarding the orders and other guidelines from the
ministry of health  so that they are taken to court and answer charges
accordingly because  they will be putting the lives of Ugandans at the risk
of COVID-19.

Kabale District has so far registered 200 COVID-19 cases and nine deaths,
since the outbreak of the disease in Uganda in March this year.

Advertisement

Tags: Kabale District
Alexandra Katusiime

Alexandra Katusiime

Related Posts

Funds for Muhoozi Birthday Bash Were Mobilized by Friends – Kiryowa Kiwanuka
NewsWire

Funds for Muhoozi Birthday Bash Were Mobilized by Friends – Kiryowa Kiwanuka

by admin
05/06/2022
MTN Uganda Injects 180M in #MakerereAt100 Celebrations
NewsWire

MTN Uganda Injects 180M in #MakerereAt100 Celebrations

by Alexandra Katusiime
05/04/2022
Next Post
Kisoro Mayor to Petition President Museveni Over UMEME Power Outages

Kisoro Mayor to Petition President Museveni Over UMEME Power Outages

JUST IN: Presidential Aspirant Gen. Tumukunde Wanted by Court for Unlawful Possession of Firearms

Treason Charges Are Meant to Disrupt My Campaigns - Gen. Tumukunde




Trending Stories

  • [Price List] Cost Of Construction Materials On A Rise

    [Price List] Cost Of Construction Materials On A Rise

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • KENYANS: Ugandans are ‘Kachabali’ Masters, Here is How They Do it [Video]

    6 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 0
  • PICS! South African Girls on Social Media Battle Nigerians for the Biggest Booty

    76 shares
    Share 76 Tweet 0
  • Fresh S.6 Vacists of Nsambya Girls Parade 16 Year Old ‘Bean’ in Over 6 Steamy Videos

    11 shares
    Share 11 Tweet 0

Latest Updates

Cindy is the right person for the job – Bebe Cool on UMA Presidency

Cindy is the right person for the job – Bebe Cool on UMA Presidency

05/11/2022
Funds for Muhoozi Birthday Bash Were Mobilized by Friends – Kiryowa Kiwanuka

Funds for Muhoozi Birthday Bash Were Mobilized by Friends – Kiryowa Kiwanuka

05/06/2022
MTN Uganda Injects 180M in #MakerereAt100 Celebrations

MTN Uganda Injects 180M in #MakerereAt100 Celebrations

05/04/2022
BREAKING: Over 40 Rumored Dead in Kabarole Link Bus Accident

BREAKING: Over 40 Rumored Dead in Kabarole Link Bus Accident

05/04/2022
Minister Tumwebaze Commends Dutch Government Support for Agriculture in Uganda

Minister Tumwebaze Commends Dutch Government Support for Agriculture in Uganda

04/27/2022

Explore




ABOUT US

We offer accurate news across politics, entertainment, sports, education and features to provide an all round experience for our readers in Uganda.

Email: editorial@theugandanwire.com

Follow Us

Facebook




  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2019 The Ugandan Wire

  • NewsWire
  • Travel & Tourism
  • EntertainmentWire
  • LiveWire
    • Gossip
    • Lifestyle
  • Jobs

© 2019 The Ugandan Wire

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Fill the forms bellow to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In