Gone are the days when videos were a tool for entertainment. Numerous advancements have changed the face of the digital marketing sector. Business owners can promote their goods/services with audio-visual content. Videography and video editing is a tough task. It is common for a novice to make mistakes. But one can rectify these flaws with simple online tools. The secret to perfecting the craft lies in practice.
Why Are Videos Important For Marketing?
Marketers often face the dilemma of whether a promotional video can help their cause. It is a complicated and expensive mode of advertisement. However, skipping it can hinder the process of lead generation and business expansion. A quick look at the advantages of video for promotion can change your view.
A survey highlights 92% of virtual clients check out online promotional content. An attractive video can offer them the insight they desire. Video content will offer better reach and acceptance among the target clients. Apart from this, excellent promotional videos can increase the overall reputation of the company. If you want to establish a brand image, you must consider video marketing.
The marketer can upload the videos on various platforms. People share good videos with others. It aids in sales message dissemination. Another important aspect is you can see and share audio-visual content on the mobile phone. Using a video maker can maintain the quality of the marketing video.
Search engine systems love audio-visual content. Uploading worthy videos regularly can increase the SERP rank. With videos, one can inform, educate, and entertain audiences within a short span. Additionally, the marketer can keep a tab on a video ad campaign’s performance with Facebook and YouTube analytics.
Videos that Broke the Internet in 2020
There is a difference between a video with substantial views and a viral video. When people talk, Tweet, and share a video on the virtual platform relentlessly, it is termed as viral content. The number of shares, views, likes, and comments need to be off the charts. Here are five such videos, which went viral in 2020.
1. Squirrel in Kid Pool
The first viral video on this list has to be this funny clip, uploaded on June 2020. A squirrel fell into a kid’s pool and was unable to get out. A girl reaches out to rid the animal from this distressing situation with a chair. However, the squirrel got up on the chair and jumped towards the girl. The petrified teen screamed at the top of her lungs, finally jumping out of the pool.
2. Song about Butthole
Young children often get away with unimaginable things. Some parents have the presence of mind to capture it and share it on social media. Lisa Shmeesa posted a cute video of her on Twitter in May 2020. You can see Lisa’s daughter singing a song about what she will find in the butthole while playing a stringed instrument. Despite the lyrics, one must say that the funny video is rather gripping.
3. Tribute to the NYC Mayor
Famous comedian Conner O’Malley keeps in touch with his fans through social networking sites. He posts new images and videos regularly. On June 10th, 2020, O’Malley posted a new video where he is seen paying a somewhat crazy tribute to the mayor of New York. He shot the video on a handheld camera. This deranged video captured the attention of New Yorkers and O’Malley’s followers instantly.
4. Stealing the Show
The people of Tampa bay depend on Paul to get weather updates. Paul works for Fox 13 News. One such routine forecast was interrupted by Brody, Paul’s canine pal. While Paul was busy with his work, Brody stole the limelight with his friendly disposition. The video soon went viral, thanks to the thousands of dog lover communities.
5. Pocket-Friendly Restaurant Promotion Video
You need not spend big bucks to make a compelling promotional video. Don’t believe it? Let Ja Rule show you how it is done. He shot an amateur promotional clip for his Greek restaurant. He used a YouTube video editor to tweak and clean up the content before uploading it on the same platform. Whether you love or hate Greek cuisines, you will feel obligated to watch the video more than once.
Keep These Video Editing Mistakes at Bay
- Inconsistent or unclear audio can mar the overall quality of the video. Use a lapel mike to record clear audio. You can use online software to erase unwanted background noise.
- No one wants to watch a lengthy video. Jump cuts will help in decreasing the lime lapse. Creative use of jump cuts can add a magical element to the content.
- All necessary steps must be taken to pave the path for a smooth transition from one scene to another.
- It is unwise to upload a video that lacks a befitting intro and outro.
- Music can boost the impact of the video. But incorrect music selection can have a negative effect. If the clips are fast, you need to use high-tempo music and vice-versa. A quick search on the internet will give you access to royalty-free sound clips.
- Graphics and animation can attract more viewers. It is essential to refrain from the use of inconsistent graphics in the video. Do not experiment with too many fonts. Pick one and stick to it for uniformity.
- Many people forget to ensure aesthetic elements. Take some measures to eliminate this issue. One can arrange the subject’s background to get a clean frame. Such small tweaks can add richness to the video.
A market survey highlights that 95% of service providers use some form of video content to gain more customers. Your dilemma may cost precious time. You can lose lucrative opportunities and clients. Quality video content can increase virtual exposure.
If you want better business performance, then get in touch with videographers today. A sound video marketing campaign can boost revenue generation quickly. You may not be aware of the ins and outs of video editing. Luckily, you can hire professionals who have the necessary experience and tools to accomplish the task.